We hope that you are happy with your purchases and have been able to build a happy home with your Laura James furniture pieces. But just in case, we’re offering a 2 year guarantee on all orders, to give you that extra peace of mind when deciding on which room you’re going to decorate next!
We've put together a few FAQ's about our guarantee policy which we hope answer any queries.
How does it work?
Your guarantee starts from your date of purchase and is valid for 2 years following this. All purchases made from 01/03/2022 are covered by the 2 year guarantee, please see below for the product issues that are included and exempt.
What does it cover?
Our guarantee covers you in the eventuality of any of the following:
- Faulty workmanship during manufacture.
- Frame breakage including timber, veneers, stability joints and springs.
- Components including handles, catches and hinges, interior fittings, drawer runners, reciprocal table leaf actions and butterfly leaves/extensions, motors and coffee tables incorporating function/storage.
What is excluded from the guarantee?
Any of the following problems will not be covered by our guarantee:
- If there is evidence of product abuse, misuse or use in a non-domestic environment.
- Damage due to deviation from product instructions on assembly.
- If the product has not been properly maintained in accordance with care instructions.
- Any alterations or repairs not made by us.
- Natural wear and tear, including scratches and chips to surface finishes
- General wear and tear, including staining, excessive soiling, abrasion, tears and burns, accidental damage, natural cushion interior settlement and flattening and normal bed filling settlement.
- Dye transfer from non-colourfast plastics, fabrics and clothing (including denim and throws), damage or delamination of the product or finish caused as a result of contamination through contact with hair products and body products or other cosmetic applications such as tanning lotions is excluded.
- Fading, cracking, and splitting of timber, as part of natural ageing process due to weathering.
- The cracking of wood due to extreme changes in room humidity or direct heat source (air conditioning and radiators) is excluded.
- If the product is in an unsanitary condition (for example, caused by pets). We reserve the right to refuse to collect and/or dispose of any unsanitary product.
- If the product has been exported outside of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
How do I make a claim?
You'll need to contact our customer service team via phone, email or chat. In order to make a claim within the 2 year guarantee period, we will require a proof of purchase.
We may request images or videos demonstrating the issue so we can verify any faults with the product.
What happens next?
If your product is unable to be repaired, or we are unable to offer a repair service, then we will replace this with the same product. If this is no longer available then we will provide an equivalent product or value towards the purchase of a new product at our discretion.
Any more questions? Please refer to our full T&C's regarding our guarantee policy or contact us here.